Five Unique Employee Engagement Best Practices for a Sustainable Culture
Many of the best practices are ones you might expect: informing, recognizing and developing employees for sustainability. But here are 5 you may not have thought of before:
- Trigger – how much do you disrupt the status quo to help employees see a positive vision of the future, understand how sustainability relates to their everyday job and challenge their existing assumptions about sustainability?
- Brand – how does your brand communicate your sustainability vision and commitments to employees and others?
- Resolve Inconsistencies – to what extent do you identify and eliminate perceived (or real) inconsistencies between your sustainability commitments and on the ground actions?
- Link – how do you encourage employees to bring their personal sustainability behaviours to work or connect organizational sustainability activities to their personal lives?
- Personal Goals – to what extent do you translate organizational sustainability goals and targets into employee responsibilities and expectations?